Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016



I'm someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup on the day-to-day. As a teenager, I wore a whole lot of it, and, let's just say, it served as quite the turn-off. With that being said, my look has gotten a lot more simple as I've grown up, and so I've lowered it down to my top 3 favorite products to help someone like me who doesn't have a lot of time (or patience) still feel put-together on the daily.

1. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush palette was really big around the holidays of 2014. I picked up during the bandwagon rush back then, but it wasn't until a while later that I really fell in love with it. As I've said, I'm not someone who wear a lot of makeup, and so blush never felt like a necessity for me. Playing around with this palette, however, has definitely changed my mind. The colors are beyond stunning, and they just bring a light to your face that I've never gotten with any other blush, especially not of the powder variety. They can be mixed and matched, and really the shade possibilities are endless. I tend to gravitate towards the shade 'luminous flush'. While in the packaging it can appear a bit of a harsh, purple-y color, it comes off as just a lovely flush of pink to liven you up on those early mornings. While the blush palette itself is no longer available on its own, Hourglass has come out with a new palette including these as well as some of the brand's other favorite powders. It can be picked up at here for a slightly steep $80. A little pricey, but definitely worth the investment. However, the colors can also be picked up individually.

2. The Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara. Another investment piece, absolutely. However, this mascara has more than enough product to get your money's worth out it, especially because a little goes a long way here. Again, for someone who doesn't have a whole lot of time to get ready in the morning, or who just likes to sleep in as long as possible (like me), eyeliner sometimes be more of an irritant than anything. Instead of struggling to make sure both wings are even, only to inevitably end up with the eyeliner taking up my whole face by the time that it's even, I'd much rather put on a bold mascara and go on with my day, because it makes me feel like I look more awake, and can do just about as good of a job as some subtle eyeliner anyway. This product has always been a life saver for me. It's super easy to build up, but you don't need to pile on the coats to get a beautiful look. It will always be the one I reach for in a pinch. Most major department stores carry the product, but you can pick it up here for $32.

3. BB cream. My brand of choice on this product changes from time to time, but I always find myself reaching for BB creams over heavy foundation. As someone with dry skin, these provide the slight coverage I'm looking for, and also bring my face some much needed hydration. Also, as someone with extremely fair skin, I've always had struggles finding a foundation that actually matches me properly, and this helps serve all of those dilemmas. While my brand of choice changes frequently, I never find myself feeling the need to go any further than my local drugstore for a great, lasting, BB cream.

No comments :

Post a Comment